While RSS is with us for years, its popularity growths only slowly. The main reason that it is considered a technical topic. That's what Resco News tries to make easier.
Resco News builds on a newspaper analogy. The user defines his personal newspaper from the large number of high-quality feeds, defines the update frequency and that's it. It's matter of seconds and many users won't need more.
What is even better — the newspaper can be exported to the Palm Launcher and becomes thus accessible with a single click as any other Palm application.
Technically skilled users may use other tools frequently met in RSS readers:
- Manual feed definition (if one knows feed URL)
- Search for feeds by a phrase (relying on Syndic8 engine)
- Extracting feeds from given web page
- OPML import/export (sharing of the feed lists) via BT, e-mail etc
Other features supported by Resco News:
- Newspaper update on the background
- User notification about incoming news (blinking asterisk on Treo)
- Audio podcast streaming. Currently works for Kinoma and partially tested with PTunes.
- Import of the BlogLines user feeds